Tips to sell your property during the winter. What makes selling a property more stressful? Sell it in winter! Everything is covered with snow, leafless trees, the weather is usually unexpected and unlike the long days of summer you have less hours of light to show your house. But not everyone can afford to wait for spring or summer to place the for sale sign. Here are some sales tips that will help you during the winter:
- Keep snow and ice out of the house entrance: It will let potential buyers know that you are a homeowner who takes care of your home. In addition, it will allow to have the entrance of the house clean and without traces of puddles or snow.
- Pleasant Temperature: Before potential customers visit your home, adjust the thermostat to a comfortable temperature to welcome them. Buyers who visit your home and do not feel comfortable will not stay for long. If your home has a fireplace, turn it on! That will give a nice touch of warmth to the property.
- Take advantage of natural light: Encourage visitors during light hours, after-work visits will be totally in the dark. If you have curtains and / or blinds keep them clean and open during the visits. Do not forget to clean the ceiling lamps and fans!
- Emphasize the positive of winter: If your home is near a public transport route or some main road means that access to your home will always be free of snow! Remember to mention that detail to potential buyers!
- Give your home a nice aromatic touch: Number 1? Chocolate cookies or any other essence: cinnamon rolls, vanilla or other, but remember not to put too much. A simple candle or a refresher will be wonderful.
- Protect your investment: Protect your floors, place mats and trays for shoes at the entrance. Keep everything clear and leave enough space for visitors' shoes!
We hope these tips can be of help! Do not hesitate to contact us for more information if you are thinking of selling your home during the winter!