Traditionally, spring is the season when we are motivated to change, to improve our habits and to undertake new projects. The vast majority take advantage of this time to start the search for their dream home. This time, we decided to help you with 5 tips that you should take into account if you plan to start the process of selling your property.
- Clean and order: before putting your house on the market, it is ideal to organize everything that has accumulated over time. Work one area at a time and create 3 piles: what you are going to stay, what you can donate and what you are going to give.
- Pack: even if you want to leave this step for the last moment, it is very helpful to start packing your belongings in advance, at least what you know you do not use daily or those items with sentimental value. Thus, when potential buyers visit your property, it will be easier for them to picture themselves on the spot.
- Make a study of the area where you live: contact your real estate agent to evaluate the costs in which they have closed the last transactions near your area. This will help you set a realistic price and a time limit between the sale and purchase of your next property.
- Repair and Improve: Check everything that needs to be repaired in your house, paint the walls in neutral colours, clean the windows and do a check to all appliances. This will make future buyers enjoy the visit, feel confident and do not condition the transaction.
- Be realistic: with your agent, set a price according to the size and conditions of your property. This way, you avoid feeling disappointed during the process and you can plan your budget for the purchase of your new home.
These steps will undoubtedly help you start the process, but working hand-in-hand with your real estate agent will make the sale easier and achieve a satisfactory result for you and your family. Do not hesitate to contact us if you intend to sell your property. As always, we will give you the best advice and we will help you as much as we can. You have more questions? Leave your comments below.